GECKO SURFING, based in Penarth, S.Wales is run by Liz Fahy, a qualified teacher and experienced website designer. After many years running a Women’s Training Centre in the voluntary sector, Liz now runs her own business. She works with a cross section of organisations and individuals to develop and enhance their web presence and online engagement. This website also shares posts for website owners in the Learning Zone.
The ability to manage your own website content allows for timely updating and is cost effective. Gecko Surfing develops website using ‘Wordpress’ to enable you to take control of your own site.
WordPress was initially designed for blogging
Now it has become one of the most powerful Website creation tools available:-
- 85% of new Websites today use WordPress – and many Websites are being re-designed with WordPress.
- Once a WordPress Website is created, you can easily update the Website yourself, making it a good choice for individuals, not for profit organisations and small or medium-sized businesses.
- There is no software to buy and edits can be made from any computer, anywhere.
- We offer individual and small group WordPress Training in Penarth, Cardiff and Swansea for those who wish to do this.
- WordPress is responsive to mobile devices – as it adapts to various screen resolutions and look great on tablets and mobile phones.
- A great Website starts with a good first impression. Viewers make up their minds about a Website in the blink of an eye.
- Making a Website doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. Websites that are difficult to create, tend to be difficult to use – and that is precisely what you don’t want.