‘WooCommerce is the best way to turn your WordPress website into a fully functional e-commerce store.’
So here at GeckoSurfing we add a Woocomerce plugin to your wordpress website. Why….
- It’s the most popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress out there.
- It’s (arguably) the most feature-rich plugin of that kind too.
- The setup is fast. Usually, it’s just a matter of an afternoon.
- It works with any design/theme you currently have on your WordPress site – you don’t need to ditch your current website design.
We could continue with the list above, but instead, let us just say that WooCommerce simply gives you all you could ever need for building a high-quality e-commerce store with WordPress
E-Commerce Store Design
What we consider to be important:-
- The design needs to be clear and not confusing in any way. A visitor who’s confused won’t buy anything.
- The center content block needs to grab the visitor’s attention right after they come to the site. That center block is where the products will be displayed.
- Adjustable sidebars. You need to be able to select how many sidebars you need and also disable the sidebar altogether for some pages (more on that later).
- Responsive and mobile-optimized. Research indicates that around 80% of people on the internet own a smartphone. According to another research 61% of your mobile visitors will leave immediately and go to your competitors if they have a frustrating mobile browsing experience. In other words – making sure that your website is optimized for mobile is crucial.
- Good navigation structure. You want clear menus that are easy to grasp – so that your visitors can find the page they’re looking for.